KING IN THE RING 68I
Friday 15th September | Doors Open 6.30pm | ASB Stadium, Kohimarama, Auckland
For the first time since the King in the Ring 8 Man Series exploded onto the New Zealand fight scene, the welterweight division is set to strut their stuff centre ring, on September 15th at the ASB Stadium.
With a 68kg weight limit, we will see fighters coming up from the lightweights, and coming down from middleweight, to take a place in the 8 man line up, for a shot at the welterweight title.
Eight contenders go head to head in a survival series of three-round elimination bouts, battling it out for the coveted King in the Ring crown and the $10,000 grand prize.Squaring off under international K-1 rules, these top eight fighters bring together their own techniques born from kickboxing, boxing, muay thai, kyokushin karate, MMA and other martial arts.
As well as the main 8-man tournament, there’s a stacked undercard of well matched, action packed superfights. Keep it locked to the King in the Ring facebook page to see the fighters as they are announced.
Eight men. Only One will be King.
TXT COMPETITION ‘Rules”
The ‘Promoter’ is Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd, 701N Great South Road, Penrose, Auckland 1061
The Competition begins at 13 September at 23:59:59 and ends at 23:59:59 on the 16 September 2017. (“the promotion period”)
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These terms and conditions apply to all Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd text Promotion for the King in the Ring 68I event on Friday 15 September 2017. Elite Thai Boxing reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
2. Each valid entry submitted by a mobile user will give them one entry into the promotion. A ‘valid entry’ is deemed a successful vote for one of the fighters at the King in the ring event during the promotional period. All successful votes will receive a text message response confirming entry into the competition, only during the promotional period.
3. Entry into the Promotion is confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a mobile phone) to enter the Promotion.
4. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
5. Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
6. Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd decides (in its sole discretion) has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
7. By participating, entrants grant Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
8. All entrant personal details must be valid and up to date and will be held by Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd and may be used for the purpose of the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes unless otherwise directed by contestants at the time of entry.
9. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text– active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
10. The exact cost of the SMS message for the mobile user, ie that any messages to the shortcode 4747 will incur a standard SMS text message fee. Customers on the Vodafone, Spark, Skinny Mobile networks will be charged 20c per message sent to the shortcode 4747. Customers on the 2degrees network will be charged 9c per message to the shortcode 4747.
a) Any message to the mobile handset from the shortcode 4747 is free to receive.
b) Any form of automated text message is invalid;
c) The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. A mobile user subscribed to receive alerts may at any time during the promotional period text STOP to the shortcode 4747 to be removed from the subscriber database. Standard SMS fees will apply for sending messages to the shortcode 811. Customers on the Vodafone, Telecom, Skinny Mobile will be charged 20c per message sent to the shortcode 4747. Customers on the 2degrees network will be charged 9c per message to the shortcode 4747. To contact someone for help, for more assistance or to be removed from the subscription database outside of the promotional period please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 FIGHTER
d) Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion or outside the promotion if texts are directed to the code 4747.
Winning the Prize
11. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
12. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
13. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry.)
15. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, unless the contestant wishes to transfer the prize to a charity of their choice. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
16. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, must be over 18 years and they must provide proper identification (eg driver licence, passport, birth certificate).
17. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd Responsibility
19. Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
20. Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd (including our partners and service suppliers) take no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Acts of God or otherwise.
21. To the fullest extent permitted by law Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd (including our partners and service suppliers) will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
22. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Elite Thai Kickboxing Ltd has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
23. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
24. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.